If you follow me on Instagram, you know I always post photos of my dinners. A lot of His // Hers since Jared isn’t a Vegetarian and I am.
But I love experimenting with food in the kitchen…especially when it ends up working out in my favor.
I know this is nothing new – spinach parm risotto – but I put this together after not finding a recipe that suited me well and I got a few requests for the recipe.
so here’s my take on Spinach Parm Risotto.
3 2/3 cups veggie broth
(that’s not three 2/3 cups..it’s 3 2/3 cups – almost 4 cups)
1 cup uncooked arborio rice
2 cups fresh chopped spinach
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Tad olive oil..just a tad
S&P to taste
Let’s get cookin’
- Bring veggie broth in medium saucepan to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and keep broth simmering.
2. squirt a tad olive oil in a pan – just a tad; heat over medium-low heat until hot then add the rice; cook and stir approx 1 minute. (you’ll notice it browning)
3. Stir 2/3 cup hot veggie broth into pan with rice; cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
4. Stir remaining hot veggie broth into rice mixture 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all broth is absorbed before adding next 1/2 cup.
When last 1/2 cup veggie broth is added, stir in spinach. Cook, stirring gently until all broth is absorbed and rice is just tender but still firm to the bite.
Season with S&P.
(Total cooking time for veggie broth absorption is about 20 – 25 mins.)
5. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheese and enjoy.
And let me know if you try it!